Welcome to our Chesapeake Bay Foundation Walk the Watershed page. During these unprecedented times, two things remain important to us: maintaining our personal health and supporting the CBF mission to save the Bay. We pledge to get outside, walk the watershed, and spread the Save the Bay message every step of the way!
Over the next few weeks, we hope to raise awareness and vital funding for CBF and their mission to save the Bay. They work to improve the well-being of the 18 million people and 3,000 species of plants and animals throughout the watershed.
CBF is funded mostly by individual donors like you and our family. Donations large and small help support CBF's on-the-water field experiences for students and teachers, tree plantings, oyster restoration, advocacy for stronger laws protecting the Bay, and litigation against polluters when necessary.
We hope you will support these efforts by donating to our page or by joining our team.
Every gift makes a difference!
- $25 can plant five native trees as a stream-side buffer.
- $50 can grow 5,000 native oysters.
- $140 can send two students for a day of learning in and around the Bay.
- $500 can build 10 reef balls which are effective and safe artificial homes for oysters.
- Even a gift of $5 helps us achieve our goal of reaching at least $500 in total donations!
Please donate on our page today and help us meet our fundraising goal and help CBF Save the Bay!
My Personal Blog