Welcome to our Chesapeake Bay Foundation (CBF) Walk the Watershed page. During these unprecedented times, two things remain important to us:
- Maintaining mental and physical well-being and
- Supporting the CBF mission to save our beautiful Bay
We have joined Team HRSD and pledged to get outside and take part in our joint 200 mile walk (the approximate length of the Chesapeake Bay).
Between now and June 30th, we will be walking, biking and running the miles needed to support our team to reach our 200 miles goal, while hopefully raising awareness and vital funding for CBF and their mission to Save the Bay.
CBF works to improve the well-being of the 18 million people and 3,000 species of plants and animals throughout the watershed. CBF is funded mostly by individual donors like you and me. Donations large and small help support CBF's on-the-water field experiences for students and teachers, tree plantings, oyster restoration, advocacy for stronger laws protecting the Bay, and litigation against polluters when necessary.
Please consider donating to our page to support the CBF.
Every gift makes a difference!
- $5 can plant a native tree to be part of a streamside buffer.
- $25 can plant five native trees as a streamside buffer.
- $50 can grow 5,000 native oysters.
- $100 can build 2 reef balls which are effective and safe artificial homes for oysters.
Thank you for your consideration to help CBF Save the Bay!
My Personal Blog